CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Ringing my own doorbell...

Have you ever had to ring your own doorbell? I had to yesterday...

I went to pick my kids up for the day and didn't feel comfortable walking into my own damn house because I don't know if thats "kosher" considering my situation. I felt very odd as I walked up to my house and rang the bell and had my oldest son answer the door. I didn't like it one bit, but I guess thats all part of the "you'll get used to it" that I always hear.

It was a tough day for me yesterday, I'm not sure exactly why either. I know it probably had something to do with me having the kids and then having to give them back, but I don't think that was all of it. I spent most of the day yesterday with people who helped shape me into what I am today. It was the 100th anniversary of my church and the entire morning service and the evening dessert get together were filled with old stories, long time friends and mentors, and lots of memories of how things used to be.

I got to hug the first youth pastor I ever remembered after not seeing him for almost 25 years. I got to see people that raised me up in the church and some of the kids I grew up in VBS/church camp with. I also got to have lunch with my kids, my Mom, my Gpa Berrey & wife, my Gma Wilkins, Aunt and Uncle, and my sister. Gpa Berrey and his wife drove over 2 hours to get here from their home, but they were on special invitation since he used to pastor the church. It was all in all an awesome day with my family.

So why did I cry a bit while I was sitting at my computer doing a whole lot of nothing later that night? I dunno...I really don't. Feel free to guess, maybe it will help.

Anywho...enough of this pity party. I'm gonna eat some food and try to enjoy my night.

No comments: